It is the season for fresh fruits and vegetables, and with the easing of statewide COVID-19 restrictions, area farmers markets are starting to open. Here's a list of those that are back up and running in the Sauk Valley:
• Rock Falls Farmers Market, 7-11 a.m. Wednesday, 7 a.m. -1 p.m. Saturday, 300 W. Second St.
• Milledgeville Farmers Market, 3-6 p.m., Wednesday, state Route 40 and Polo Road.
•Twin Cities Farmers Market, indoor and outdoor, 8 a.m.-noon Saturday, 106 Ave. A, Sterling.
• Dixon Park District Farmers Market, 7 a.m.- noon Wednesday and Saturday at Haymarket Square, 513 W. Second St.
• Polo Farmers Market, 3-6 p.m. Thursday in the parking lot south of the Shell Gas station at 202 S. Division Ave.City lot south of Shell Station, N. Division Ave., Polo, 815-299-1416
• Oregon Farmers Market, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the corner of Washington and Fifth streets.
• Lanark Farmers Market, 3-6 p.m., Tuesday,101 N. Broad St.
• Savanna Farmers Market, 3-6 p.m., Thursday 708 Main St., 815-266-1345.
• Mount Carroll Farmers Market, 8 a.m.-noon, Saturday, 116 E. Market St.
Did we miss one? Call 815-632-2539 or email email@example.com with the details of your makret.