DIXON – The Next Picture Show Art Center, 113 W. First St., updated its calendar of events:
• The 39th annual Art in the Park "Nuts About Art" show and sale will be held July 4 at John Dixon Park, 515 N. Galena Ave.
Artists will display and sell original and handcrafted paintings, sculpture, jewelry, photography, drawings and artisan crafts.
Entry forms are available at TNPS Art Center, 113 W. First St., thenextpictureshow.org, at 815-285-4924 and email@example.com.
• TNPS classes have resumed, and include watercolor, and oil and acrylic classes. TNPS will follow IDPH-approved safety guidelines.
• Upcoming exhibits: Through June 11, the annual Really Affordable Art Exhibition, offering pieces for $199 or less, in the gallery and at www.facebook.com/TheNextPictureShow; through June 15, Betty Predmore; June 16-30, Paula Shuck
• Artists with exhibits on location throughout Dixon until further notice are Karen Tucker at Sauk Valley Bank, 300 Walton Drive; Mary Crawford at State Farm agent Chris Hammitt, 815 N Galena Ave.; and Kent Broadbent at Curate Kitchen, 120 W. River St.
• July 18-Aug. 29, the Absolutely Abstract Art Exhibit, which focuses on the subject of abstract, both 2-D and 3-D. Painting, drawing, sculpture, mixed media, art glass, fiber arts, photographs, and original digital prints are welcome; the deadline to enter is June 27, and forms are available at TNPS Art Center or at thenextpictureshow.org.