Fire destroys mobile home; no injuries
ROCK FALLS – A 69-year-old Rock Falls man escaped without injury after a grease fire Sunday totaled his mobile home.
Rock Falls Fire Capt. Bill Milby said his department received the call at about 11:20 a.m. at 900 Regan Road, Lot 502.
Paul Walls was cooking chicken when the grease ignited, Milby said.
It took firefighters about 2 hours to extinguish the blaze, Milby said.
The American Red Cross of the Lincoln Land Branch in Rock Falls said in a news release that it is ensuring Walls’ emergency needs are being met, including food, clothing and shelter. The branch, 112 W. Second St., can be reached at 815-625-0382.