(Scenes) Fire damages weight room at Westwood

Click here to view

Westwood Sports Center was evacuated after a fire broke out in an electrical equipment room on Monday, May 6, 2013. The Sterling Fire Department was called about 12:45 p.m. to the complex at 1900 Westwood Drive. Sterling Park District officials said the fire started in the electrical equipment room and caused smoke damage to the weight room. No one was hurt. The fire was reported as under control about 1:15 p.m. Fire departments from around the area responded.

AP Video 


Copyright © 2014 - Sauk Valley Newspapers - All Rights Reserved