ROCK FALLS – Here’ a new way to fill your belly and help the hungry at the same time:
Rock Falls Tourism will kick off its first Twin Cities Restaurant Week on Friday.
The event, which will feature 19 locally owned restaurants on both sides of the river (20, if you count the Candlelight Inn twice), is an opportunity for residents to explore food options and rate different restaurants.
Each will offer specific $10 brunch or lunch specials, $25 dinner specials, or two-for-$25 dinner specials. Patrons can dine in at as many as they choose through July 22, but must order from the fixed menu, then fill out a survey rating the restaurant on its level of service, diversity of menu, quality of ingredients and the overall experience.
Diners will be rewarded with a chance to win gift cards, a commemorative wine glass, an Eat & Explore Illinois Cookbook or a Sesquicentennial Cookbook.
Restaurants that receive a 4.8 or higher rating will be entered to win $500; a 4.5 or above earns free entry into the next Restaurant Week, higher than 4 maintains their eligibility to participate; and those that rate less than 4 will be reviewed for their eligibility to participate in future Restaurant Week events.
The restaurants’ $45 entry fee, money raised from a radio auction of gift cards, and 30 percent of sponsorship money collected will be donated to local food pantries.
“I know that times are tough for everyone and even our food pantries are unable to keep food stocked,” said Janell Loos, Rock Falls Tourism director of tourism and events.
The agency plans another Restaurant Week in January.
• Froggy's Bar & Grill, 215 W. Second St.
• The Candlelight Inn, 2200 First Ave.
• La Familia, 201 W. Second St.
• Touch of Thai II, 102 W. Second St.
• Whiskey Barrel, 305 W. Second St.
• Triple P's BBQ, 3312 W. Rock Falls Road
• The Railside, 207 S. Butler St., Nelson
• The Candlelight Inn, 2907 N. Locust St.
• Smoked on Third, 14 E. Third St.
• Kelly's, 218 Locust St.
• Willy's Mexican Restaurant, 3210 W. Lincolnway
• The Boulevard, 2501 Ave. E
• The Wagon Wheel, 1711 W. Fourth St.
• Lisa's Brick House, 216 Locust St.
• Kegger's Tap House, 13464 Galt Road
• Manny's Pizza, 312 Locust St
• The Factory Pub 'n' Grub, 103 W. Third St.
• Kopper Kitchen, 2900 E. Lincolnway
• Angelo's II, 2525 E. Lincolnway
• Mom's Diner, 23 E. Third St.