Seed information at area libraries
MORRISON – Whiteside County Master Gardeners will visit county libraries during March to offer free advice, and pass out seeds for gardens.
Times and dates are:
• 9-11 a.m. March 7, Sterling Public Library, 102 W. Third St.
• 9-11 a.m. March 14, Rock Falls Public Library, 1007 Seventh Ave., and 2 to 4 p.m., Henry C. Adams Memorial Library, 209 W. Third St., Prophetstown
• 10 a.m.-noon March 21, Odell Public Library, 307 S. Madison St., Morrison
• 2-4 p.m. March 28, Schmaling Public Library, 501 10th Ave., Fulton
STEM program to be offered
THOMSON – Preschoolers and their parents or grandparents can attend a spring-themed Science,Technology, Engineering and Mathematics program from 5 to 6 p.m. March 8 at Thomson Public Library, 1005 W. Main St.
STEM programs include hands-on cooking and experiments.
The cost is $3; call the library at 815-259-2480 to sign up.
Go to go.illinois.edu/clw or call 815-632-3611 for more information.
Extension staffer to lead programs
OREGON – University of Illinois Extension educator Karla Belzer will present a series of programs across the Sauk Valley.
• A free Wits Fitness memory and cognitive function workshop at10:30 a.m. Feb. 20 at Rock River Center, 810 S. 10th St., Oregon. Participants can join the class at any time; go to go.illinois.edu/witsfitnessoregon to sign up.
• A Let’s Live Well series, with sessions at 10:30 a.m. March 22, April 10, and May 17 at Thomson Public Library, 1005 W. Main St.
The first topic is “Someday is Today: Live Your Bucket List.” Stop at or call the library at 815-259-2480 to register or for more information.
• Free workshops, “I’m Positive, I’m Aging,” at 1 p.m. March 28, and “Being Mindful in a Busy World,” at 1 p.m. April 11, at Post House Community Center, 100 W. Second St., Dixon.
Call 815-632-3611 to sign up for either program. Go to go.illinois.edu/positiveaging to register for the aging program, and go.illinois.edu/beingmindful for the mindfulness course.