A graceful end to the year
DIXON – Looking for something a little more low key to end the year?
Grace United Methodist Church will host a New Year’s Eve party at 7 p.m. Sunday in the fellowship hall, 921 E. Chamberlin St.
Food and games will be provided, and guests can bring snacks.
The church is wheelchair-accessible.
Get the new year rollin’
DIXON – Get those fingers limbered up for Plum Hollow Family Center’s New Year’s fun.
The Family New Year’s Party runs from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Sunday at the bowling alley, 1933 state Route 26. The all-ages party offers Cosmic Bowling, music, black lights, fog, and pop and pizza, for $50 a lane.
Later, it’s the adults’ turn. Fun Bowl runs from 10 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., with black lights, music, party favors – and, of course, bowling. The cost is $65 per lane for up to six people, which will get you bowling, and at midnight, prizes, snacks and champagne.
There’ll be other bowling specials throughout in the day. Go to bowldixon.com or call 815-271-4101 for more information.
Something to do in your spare time
STERLING – Blackhawk Lanes will set up the pins for New Year’s revelers on Sunday.
From 1 to 3 p.m., the Kids New Years Party will feature bowling, shoe rental, music, party favors snacks and a “champagne” toast (don’t worry, parents, it’s just white grape juice). Cost is $10 per person for up to six per lane; reservations are due Saturday.
Later, the New Year Party will run from 10 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. For $25 each, up to six people per lane, bowlers will get 3 1/2 hours of unlimited cosmic bowling, shoe rental, prizes and a champagne toast at midnight (nonalcoholic option available). Paid reservations are required by 6 p.m. Saturday.
Go to blackhawklanes.com or call 815-625-0771 for more information.
Rockin’ new year – Whiteside County
• Music Video DJ will entertain from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Friday, Nick Lynch will play from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Saturday, and Lynn Allen will play at a VIP Party from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Sunday at The Cooler, 311 W. Second St. in Rock Falls
• Reflex Blues Band will play from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Sunday at Cragel’s, 345 Washington St. in Prophetstown.
• Static Signal will play from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Friday, Sugarghost will play from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Saturday, and Slick Trigger will play from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Sunday at Whiskey Barrel Saloon, 305 W. Second St. in Rock Falls.
Rockin’ new year – Lee and Ogle
• Patio’s Irish Pub, 222 W. First St. in Dixon, will host a New Year’s Eve celebration from 9 p.m to 1 a.m. Sunday, with a DJ and karaoke and drink specials. Find the bar on Facebook or call 815-288-2395 for more information.
• Messenger’s Bar and Grill, 133 S. Fourth St. in Oregon, will host a Neon New Year’s party from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Sunday. Customers are encouraged to dress to glow for the black lights. There’ll also be karaoke and dance music. Find the bar on Facebook or call 815-881-8227 for more information.