DIXON – Post House Community Center, 100 W. Second St., will have the following activities:
• 4:30-6 p.m. Wednesday, annual Luau dinner fundraiser. The cost is $8 for adults $8, $10 at door, and $4 for those 5 and younger.
• 8:30 a.m. Aug. 21, National Senior Citizen Day free breakfast. Reservations are due by Wednesday.
• 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Aug. 29-30, AARP Driver Safety Class.
The cost is $15 per person with AARP card or number and $20 for non-member, for two 4-hour courses; both must be taken for certification.
• 1 p.m. Aug. 13 and Sept. 10, Euchre tournaments open to public, $5 entry fee, 100 percent payback.
• 1:30 p.m. Nov. 19, Quarter madness, a cross between an auction and raffle. Bids are from 1 to 4 quarters, snacks and beverages available.
• 1:30 p.m. every first Tuesday of the month, grief support group led by Ken Lawson, certified grief recovery specialist from Unity Hospice.
• Veterans Affairs employment representative, 2-4:40 p.m. every first Wednesday of the month. Jack Kromer will give advise on how to re-enter the workforce with resumes, unemployment, interviewing and job search.
Call the center at 815-288-9236 to reserve a spot for events, or for more information.