DIXON – Top of the afternoon to you! A parade celebrating St. Patrick’s Day is set for 3 p.m. Saturday.
The parade will step off at 3 p.m. at Dixon High School, 300 Lincoln Statue Drive. Participants can line up around 1 to 1:30 p.m. The parade will end at the Knights of Columbus Hall, 506 W. Third St.
The Gleasons will again provide some Celtic sounds from 5:30 to 10 p.m.
There will be food, drinks, a 50-50 raffle and more throughout the night at the KC hall.
Canned goods and cash donations will be taken at the door.
The festivities celebrating St. Patrick’s Day are part of Second Saturdays Art Happenings in downtown Dixon.
Most of the happenings run through the evening at various venues between First and Second streets and Peoria and Galena avenues. Second Saturdays features art, music and other cultural events.
On tap this month:
• New artwork by local artist Sydni Reubin is on display at Tipsy, 79 S. Hennepin Ave.
• Dinner at the Kids Table will play from 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. at Val’s Place, 316 W. First St.
• There will be karaoke and music from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at PatiO’s Irish Pub, 222 W. First St.
• The Second Saturdays open mic night runs from 7:30 p.m. to midnight at Rosbrook Studio, 107 S. Peoria Ave. Solo and duet acts will play for 15 minutes, and full bands will play for 30. Doors will open at 6, which is when registration will begin. After 6, acts also can message Rosbrook Studio on Facebook or call or text 815-973-7824. Admission is a suggested $3 donation. Pizza and beverages will be sold by Mama Cimino’s.
• The “Shades of Gray” black-and-white photography art exhibition will open with a reception and award presentation from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday at The Next Picture Show, 113 W. First St.