OTTAWA – About $5.2 million in road and bridge projects in Whiteside, Lee and Bureau counties will be paid for by the Illinois Jobs Now! construction program, according to a news release Thursday from Gov. Pat Quinn’s office.
They are among dozens of similar projects in Fulton, Henderson, Henry, Knox, LaSalle, Rock Island, Stark and Warren counties that, all told, will cost about $26 million, the release said.
The work will be managed by the Illinois Department of Transportation.
In Whiteside County
• $427,205 for substructure repairs and joint replacement on the two bridges that carry Avenue G over the Rock River between Sterling and Rock Falls.
In Lee County
• $420,542 to resurface .73 miles of state Route 2 from east of River Street to Ottawa Avenue in Dixon.
• $356,847 to partially clean and paint four bridges carrying Interstate 39 over Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway railroad and over Steward Creek.
• $731,637 to clean and paint two bridges carrying I-39 over U.S. Route 30.
In Bureau County
• $280,076 for intermittent milling and resurfacing of 11.85 miles of state Route 40 from north of I-80 to state Route 92.
• $1,287,701 to resurface 4.8 miles of U.S. Route 34 from Sixth Street in Princeton to the eastern city limits of Dover.
• $668,725 for intermittent milling, resurfacing and striping of various routes in Bureau and LaSalle counties.