AMBOY – Depot Days will return for its 36th year with Family Night on Aug. 21. The festival will run through Aug. 24.
Tickets for the annual 50/50 raffle are available at Napa Auto Parts, 134 S. Mason Ave., Mort’s Tap, 65 S. East Ave., both in Amboy, and at Shamrock Pub, 1401 Chicago Ave., Dixon.
The tickets also will be available on the south edge of the Depot Museum grounds during the festival. Last year’s winner received $74,503.
The carnival will be open from 6 to 10 p.m. Aug. 21 on the museum grounds. All rides will be $2 for Family Night. The Depot Days Little Dancers will take the main stage at 6:30 p.m., followed by the Miss Amboy Pageant and Little Miss Amboy Pageant at 7.
Armbands, which are $20 per day for unlimited rides, are available for the rest of the weekend.
Communitywide garage sales are set for 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 22 and 24, and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 23.
Food stands will be open on the Depot Museum grounds from 5 to 10 p.m. Aug. 21, from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Aug. 22 and 23, and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 24.
There will be craft booths downtown from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 22 and 23, and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 24.
Here are some highlights of the festival’s schedule:
Friday, Aug. 22
• Class Act II will play from 8 to 10 p.m. on the main stage.
• There will be a DJ from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m at the K.C. beer garden.
Saturday, Aug. 23
• A Kids Run will start at 7:30 a.m., followed by a 5K Run/Walk at 8. To register, visit amboy.net, or call Joyce Schamberger at 815-857-2164.
• The Amboy Farm Tractor Show will be from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Sensient Flavors, 25 E. Main St.
• The Depot Days Parade will be at 3 p.m., followed by the annual Pork Chop and Chicken Barbecue at the Amboy Volunteer Fire Station, 25 N. East Ave.
• Cal Stage Band will play from 7 to 9 p.m. on the main stage.
• Destination Unknown will play from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the K.C. Beer Garden.
Sunday, Aug. 24
• The 24th annual Depot Days Car, Truck and Motorcycle Show is set for 6 a.m to 3 p.m. downtown.
• A pancake breakfast offered by the Knights of Columbus will be served from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the beer garden.
• A luncheon will take place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the basement of United First Church, 326 E. Main St.
• The winner of the Depot Days 50/50 drawing will be announced at 3 p.m. at the main stage.
Go to depotdays.com for a complete schedule or more information.