MORRISON – The 144th Whiteside County Fair at the Morrison fairgrounds will run Tuesday through Aug. 16 at the fairgrounds at 201 W. Winfield St.
Following are some of the highlights. The grandstand entertainment begins at 7 p.m., unless otherwise noted:
• Tuesday: Pro bull riding returns to the grandstand.
Other events that day: Western horse show, 8 a.m.; open and junior swine judging, noon and 4:30 p.m.; kids’ pedal pull, 2 p.m.; rabbit judging, 6 p.m.
• Wednesday: Columbia Records recording artist Home Free (www.homefreevocalband.com), an a capella country group and winner of NBC’s “The Sing-Off,” will perform at 7 p.m. the grandstand.
Also: Western horse speed events, 8 a.m.; dairy judging, 9 a.m.
• Aug. 14: Solution Action Sports’ Freestyle Madness Tour, featuring BMX bike and FMX motorcycle riders performing various tricks at 7 p.m. in front of the grandstand.
Also: Heavy horse hitches judging, 9 a.m. in front of the grandstand; beef cattle, junior heifer and junior steer judging, 9 a.m. in the Beef Show Arena; and new this year, ranch sorting, which pits horse and rider and their ability to sort cattle against the clock, noon in the Gold Star Arena, .
• Aug. 15: Antique tractor parade, 5:45 p.m.; truck and tractor pull, 6:30 p.m.
Also: Heavy horse halter classes, 9 a.m. in the grandstand; open beef show judging, 9 a.m. in the Beef Show Arena; harness racing, 1:30 p.m. in the grandstand.
• Aug. 16: Demolition derby, 6:30 p.m.
Also: Horseshoe tournament, 10 a.m.; kids’ pedal pull, 11 a.m.; harness racing, 1 p.m.
• Each of the 5 days: In addition to the usual exhibits, vendors and concession stands, Wilson Family Rides will again provide carnival and midway attractions; the Grandpa Cratchet Stage Show returns, and there will be daily bike giveaways, and the cake and pie walk.
Mega Bands allow participants to ride any day, any time the carnival is open. They can be purchased this week for $45 at the secretary’s office on the fairgrounds. The bands will be $50 on Tuesday.
Visit whitesidecountyfair.org for a complete schedule, ticket prices, exhibit information, and all other pertinent details, or contact Todd Mickley, head of fair publicity and advertising, at toddmickley@ 2cornerstone.com or 815-772-2793.