ROCK FALLS – Resurfacing of several city streets and alleys will be finished later than previously announced.
The work that started July 14 was to be completed the first week in August. But city officials now say the work will not be finished until the third week in August.
The roads will be rototilled, primed with tree sap, and resurfaced with oil and rock. The project will take longer, because the city decided to put an extra coat on the streets and alleys.
During this time, residents are asked to keep all vehicles off, and at least 10 feet from, the following streets and alleys:
– East 10th Street from Avenue D to dead end
– East Sixth Street at Avenue C to dead end
– Ninth Avenue from West 19th Street to water plant
– Canal Street from West 19th Street to dead end
– 11th Avenue from West 21st to West 22nd streets
– 15th Avenue from Prophetstown Road north to dead end
– Leroy Avenue from Eighth Avenue to the high school
– Second and Third avenues from First Avenue to the post office “T”
– Third and Fourth avenues, behind businesses
– Third and Fourth avenues, north to south
– Fourth and Fifth avenues, north to south
– Fourth and Fifth avenues, south of fire museum
Call the Public Works Department, 815-622-1106, or the city administrator, 815-564-1366, for more information.