desktop...

Fair
18°FFairFull Forecast

‘Uninhabitable’ trailers being torn down in park

Owner making progress; no firm deadline for removal, official says

Published: Friday, July 11, 2014 1:15 a.m. CST

DIXON – The owner of a mostly vacant mobile home park on the city’s west end has started to remove two trailers that were deemed “uninhabitable,” a city official said.

Dixon building official Paul Shiaras said the city was able to contact Kenneth Garrison a few weeks ago, and he agreed to remove two trailers.

The lot is on Clark Street, between Custer and Sheridan avenues.

In May, Shiaras said several of the trailers weren’t in livable condition and would need to be removed.

As of Thursday, one of had been almost completely removed – down to just the frame – and it appeared work on the other had just started, he said.

There were four trailers and three sheds in the mostly vacant mobile home park. The two oldest trailers – one blue and one yellow – were the ones the city said had to be removed, Shiaras said. 

There isn’t a “hard deadline” for their removal, but the city wants to see progress, and it is, he said. 

More News

 

National video



Reader Poll

When was the last time you visited someone in a nursing home?
Within the past week
Within the past month
Within the past year
Longer ago than a year
Never