DIXON – Pink fire trucks will be making their way through the Sauk Valley today.
The trucks are part of Pink Heals, a national organization aimed at raising cancer awareness and helping local organizations with fundraising.
The trucks will make their first Sauk Valley stops at 11:30 a.m at the Lee County Health Department, 309 S. Galena Ave. in Dixon, and Morrison Community Hospital, 303 North Jackson St., after have been in West Burlington, Iowa, on Sunday.
Other Sauk Valley stops include Northern Illinois Medical Supply in Sterling, CGH Medical Center, Whiteside County Health Department and the Rock Falls riverfront, where the day will end with food, music and fireworks.
The Rock Falls riverfront stop will also include health and wellness booths from some of the participating area groups.
The next stop on the Pink Heals tour will be Tuesday in Downers Grove. Among the tour’s stops this month are Elgin, Rockford, Madison, Wisconsin, and Lincoln, Nebraska.
Staff from the Dixon City and Rural fire departments, Home of Hope Cancer Wellness Center, Hospice of the Rock River Valley, Northern Illinois Cancer Treatment Center, and 3-D Sound, among others, will take part in the tour.
For more information, go to www.pinkfiretrucks.org or call the Lee County Health Department at 815-284-3371.
• 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – Lee County Health Department, 309 S. Galena Ave. in Dixon
• 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – Morrison Community Hospital, 303 N. Jackson St. in Morrison
• 2:30-3 p.m. – Northern Illinois Medical Supply, 2600 N. Locust St. in Sterling
• 3:30-4:30 p.m. – CGH Main Clinic, 101 E. Miller Road in Sterling
• 3:30-4:30 p.m. – Whiteside County Health Department, 1300 W. Second St. in Rock Falls
• 6-9 p.m. – Rock Falls riverfront, 200 E. Second St. in Rock Falls