Thunderstorm Light Rain in Vicinity
65°FThunderstorm Light Rain in VicinityFull Forecast

3-year-old boy electrocuted at family’s trailer

Faulty wiring likely to blame, sheriff says

Published: Wednesday, July 2, 2014 1:15 a.m. CDT • Updated: Wednesday, July 2, 2014 9:21 a.m. CDT

AMBOY – A 3-year-old Amboy boy was accidentally electrocuted Monday morning as he was leaving a trailer on his parents’ property in the 1100 block of Whitney Road, the Lee County Sheriff said.

Deputies received a call about an unresponsive child at 8:15 a.m. Landyn Gerald Keener later was pronounced dead at KSB Hospital, Sheriff John Varga said.

Landyn spent the night with another relative in an Airstream trailer next to his parents’ house. About 6 or 6:30 a.m., he left the trailer, likely to return to the house. It appears the exterior of the trailer had become electrified because of some faulty wiring, Varga said.

Landyn’s parents are Anthony Vannoy and Amy Lynn Anderson, both of Amboy, and his stepfather, Nathan Keener of Dixon.

His obituary appears on Page A4, or by clicking here.

National video



Reader Poll

The high school football season begins Aug. 26. Do you plan to attend any games?
Yes, I’m a big fan and will attend most of my team’s games
Yes, I’ll attend maybe half of the games
Yes, I’ll go to at least one game
No, but I’ll follow high school football in the media
No, not interested