I had a great day of picking winners in the NCAA men's basketball tournament last Thursday.
Unfortunately, tournament games also were played Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I didn't do nearly as well. Not anywhere close to nearly, in fact.
Two of my Final Four picks, Wichita State and Creighton, are at home, where I guess they belong. My other two picks, Florida and Michigan State, are still playing. But perhaps not for long, because I picked them.
Still, I can't resist doing some more picks. So, today my list is how I would rank the 16 remaining teams based on how well I think they're playing in the tournament and how far I think they'll advance.
1. Florida. Still the best team in the country until someone knocks them off, and their regional became a lot easier with a slew of early-round upsets.
2. Arizona. That win over Gonzaga was awfully impressive.
3. Wisconsin. Really love how Bo Ryan's team has played in the first two rounds. Games against Baylor and, potentially, Arizona, will be fun to watch.
4. Michigan. First half against Texas was phenomenal. I'd rank the Wolverines higher, but their reliance on the 3-pointer could do them in.
5. Michigan State. The Spartans seemed to be on cruise control for much of their first two games. Better turn it up for Virginia.
6. Virginia. Looked really good and comfortable in whipping Memphis. The Michigan State-Virginia game could be the best in the Sweet 16.
7. Baylor. Not sure the Bears will be able to do what they did against Creighton and Nebraska when they face Wisconsin on Thursday.
8. Louisville. The Cardinals sure haven't looked as good so far as the teams that won titles the past 2 years.
9. Kentucky. Not sure the Wildcats can play better than they did in knocking off Wichita State.
10. Iowa State. Would like the Cyclones a lot more if Georges Niang weren't out with an injury.
11. Tennessee. I think the Vols have a legitimate shot at beating Michigan.
12. Connecticut. Shabazz Napier sure is playing like he doesn't want his Huskies days to end.
13. UCLA. The Bruins have beaten Tulsa and Stephen F. Austin. They've gotta beat somebody first.
14. Stanford. The Cardinal could very well end up in the Elite Eight, where Florida will be waiting.
15. Dayton. The Flyers could very well end up in the Elite Eight, where Florida will be waiting.
16. San Diego State. All season, I've thought the Aztecs were overrated. No way they beat Arizona and Wisconsin.
So, I guess my Final Four picks now would be: Florida, Michigan State, Arizona, and Michigan.
Which probably means it will be Dayton, Connecticut, San Diego State, and Tennessee.