ROCK FALLS – The city of Rock Falls declared a winter snow emergency from 6 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Wednesday.
That means vehicles must be parked on even-numbered side streets on even-numbered days of the month and on odd-numbered sides on odd-numbered calendar days. All cars parked on posted designated snow routes throughout Rock Falls are required to be removed until the route is cleared from curb to curb or until the snow emergency parking ban is lifted.
Additional parking restrictions are in force downtown. No parking is allowed from 2 to 5 a.m. during the snow emergency period on:
• West Second Street, from First Avenue to Fifth Avenue
• East Second Street, from First Avenue to Avenue B
• East Third Street, from First Avenue to Avenue B
• 200 blocks of Second, Third and Fourth avenues
• First Avenue, from the bridge to Dixon Avenue.
Cars parked in those areas will be ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense.