Fair
39°FFairFull Forecast

Fox cuts ‘The X Factor’ after three seasons

Published: Monday, Feb. 10, 2014 1:15 a.m. CDT

LOS ANGELES – Fox has X’d out “The X Factor.”

Once seen as the next “American Idol,” Fox has canceled the “The X Factor” after three seasons of shuffling judges and low ratings for the musical talent show.

Simon Cowell, who left “American Idol” for “The X Factor,” will now focus his efforts on the U.K. version of the show.

“Last year, for a number of reasons, I had to make a decision to return to the U.K. version of ‘The X Factor’ in 2014,” Cowell said in a statement.

That would seem to contradict what Cowell said two months ago, when he told reporters that “The X Factor” would return for a fourth season.

Fox Enterainment President Kevin Reilly said, “Unfortunately, there is no ‘X Factor’ without Simon Cowell, but we understand and support his decision to focus on the international formats and on the next phase of his personal life. We wish him the very best, and it’s our sincere hope that we work together again soon.”

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
 

National video

Reader Poll

This question is on the Nov. 4 ballot in Paw Paw: "Should the village of Paw Paw adopt an ordinance permitting and regulating the keeping of chickens within the village?" How would you vote?
Yes
No