Rock Falls declares snow emergency through Wednesday evening
Parking restrictions in effect until Wednesday
ROCK FALLS – The city of Rock Falls is under a winter snow emergency through 6 p.m. Wednesday.
The emergency was declared Friday, effective at 6 p.m.
That means cars must be parked on even-numbered side streets on even-numbered days and on odd-numbered sides on odd-numbered calendar days. All vehicles parked on posted designated snow routes throughout Rock Falls are required to be removed until the route is cleared from curb to curb or until the snow emergency parking ban is lifted.
Additional parking restrictions are in force downtown. There is no parking from 2 to 5 a.m. during the snow emergency period on:
• West Second Street, from First Avenue to Fifth Avenue
• East Second Street, from First Avenue to Avenue B
• East Third Street, from First Avenue to Avenue B
• 200 blocks of Second, Third and Fourth avenues
• First Avenue from the bridge to Dixon Avenue.
Vehicles left in those areas are subject to being ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense.