Overcast
21°FOvercastFull Forecast
Shaw Media Auctions

Fire at Rock Falls laundromat

Published: Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2013 1:15 a.m. CST
Caption
(Philip Marruffo/pmarruffo@saukvalley.com)
Rock Falls firefighters place a fan outside the door the Rock Falls Coin Laundry Monday afternoon after a dryer there caught fire.

Two engines from Rock Falls Fire Department and two from Sterling responded to the fire, which began in a dryer. The damage was contained to it, Twin City Fire Chief Gary Cook said. Within minutes of firefighters’ arrival, the flames were extinguished. No injuries were reported.

National video



Reader Poll

Rock Falls is considering a ban on leaf burning. Should the city finally take that step?
Yes. Sterling and Dixon have had bans for years. It’s time for Rock Falls to impose a ban.
No. It would be too great a burden for homeowners to dispose of fallen leaves in other ways.
Not sure
No opinion