Families need longer notice
As I understand it now, it is possible for us (parents/students) to be notified at 5 a.m. the day school is to resume in Dixon. This would require the students to be at the school in less than 3 hours.
The concern this causes is for us (parents/students) to go to bed every evening being “prepared” to attend school the next day – lunches packed, clothing ready, book bags ready, etc.
I find it highly unlikely that the strike will be settled after 6 p.m. some evening and all parties will agree that school would start the next morning.
So I find Dixon Public Schools is asking an additional undue burden on us (parents/students) to demand that we be ready every day and plan accordingly.
It would be more considerate to have a deadline of 6 p.m. for the strike to be concluded for school to begin the next day.
More Letters to the Editor News
- Marvel at the words; they will refresh your freedom
- Forum group hosts Smiddy on Monday
- Save wildlife; stop mowing the roadsides
- Complaint that all kids weren’t allowed to play
- Seeks help to find families of 1944 draftees