Captain: Faulty fireplace caused house fire
STERLING – A faulty gas fireplace was the cause of an attic fire that temporarily displaced a family of four Sunday, Sterling Fire Administrative Capt. Mike Dettman said Monday.
Sterling firefighters were called to the house at 25429 Deer Run, off U.S. Route 30 southwest of Sterling, near Como, at 9:30 p.m. By the time firefighters arrived, the parents, their two children and their pets had escaped, and no injuries were reported, Dettman said.
The family, whose name he did not know, had homeowner's insurance and spent the night with a relative, Dettman said.
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org