Sheriff: Deaths apparently were a murder-suicide
STILLMAN VALLEY – An elderly husband apparently shot and killed his wife before turning the gun on himself, the Ogle County sheriff said Tuesday.
The bodies of Jack E. Bond, 85, and his wife, Dorothy F. Bond, 86, were found just before 11 a.m. Monday in their home at 4238 N. Armour Road, about 3.5 miles southeast of Stillman Valley.
Autopsies were performed Tuesday. Dorothy Bond died of a gunshot to the head, and Jack Bond died of a self-inflicted gunshot, Sheriff Michael Harn said.
Investigators are waiting on the results of lab tests.
More Local News
- Local banks: ATM, credit cards at risk
- Pink Alley Rally: A night of music for good cause
- Dixon man charged with sexual abuse
- Village fund target of investigation
- Man gets 10 years for emailing porn