Illinois firms must verify status of temp agencies
CHICAGO (AP) — The state of Illinois is reminding businesses using temporary workers that it is their responsibility to check whether those temp agencies are licensed.
The Illinois Department of Labor says businesses and third-party clients that fail to do so could be fined up to $500 a day.
A list of registered agencies providing day and temporary labor is available on the Department of Labor's website.
Those agencies are required to register with the state by Dec. 31 of each year. They must provide proof of valid unemployment insurance, workers' compensation insurance and a surety bond.
More State News
- Illinois cracks down on social media 'flash mobs'
- 8 Illinois Lottery payout checks bounce
- 11 people shot overnight in Chicago violence
- 3 charged after post rape on Facebook page
- No floor vote yet for gun carry bill