Two teens killed in Antioch crash
ANTIOCH (AP) — Authorities in northern Illinois say two teens were killed when an SUV crashed into a tree in Antioch.
The Lake County Sheriff's Department reports that the crash Monday night killed 16-year-old Joel Wittkamp of Antioch and 17-year-old Ashley Seay of Lindenhurst.
Authorities say the teens were in a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer when the SUV went off the road and hit a tree. The uprooted tree partially landed on the vehicle.
The sheriff's office says both teens were pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators are trying to determine what caused the crash, but authorities say weather conditions appear to have been a factor.
Antioch is about 50 miles northwest of Chicago.
More State News
- Quinn sets July 9 deadline for pension reform deal
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Ex-Chicago firefighter gets pension from prison
- OfficeMax wants tax breaks to stay in Illinois
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday