Mustangs edge Steamers
Brock Deter and Kyle Meurs each scored 11 points to lead Morrison to a 46-41 victory over Fulton in a Class 2A West Carroll Regional game on Monday in Mount Carroll.
The Mustangs (6-25) and Steamers (6-25) were knotted at 26-26 after three quarters before Morrison seized control. Will Lee Greul scored all six of his points in the fourth quarter to lead the Mustangs' late charge.
Morrison will take on Newman on Wednesday at 6 p.m.
Nick Fish paced Fulton with 14 points, and Matt Dail added 13.
1A Erie Regional
Prophetstown 73, Amboy 51: The Prophets jumped out to a 19-6 lead after the first quarter and didn't look back in rolling to victory over the Clippers.
Devin Johnson led Prophetstown (14-14) with 23 points, Zach Inskeep had 16 and Ethan Howard added 15. The Prophets will take on Paw Paw tonight.
Tyson Powers paced Amboy (6-22) with 19 points, while Damon Quest and Jordan Ernst added 12 each.
Indian Creek led LaMoille 21-7 in the second quarter of Game 2 at Erie before it was suspended due to a power outage. It will resume at 6 p.m. tonight. Prophetstown vs. Paw Paw will follow at 7:30 p.m.
Devin Johnson, Prophetstown, 23 points
Tyson Powers, Amboy, 19 points
More Local News
- Dixon’s Duncan, Sterling’s Zuidema keep their cool in Charleston
- Local athletes make most of chance to run at Charleston
- It’s not hard to say goodbye at state
- Boys track: Rude leads Newman state qualifiers; Panthers win sectional
- Dixon’s Gieson qualifies for state in two events
- Boys track & field: Hawks finish off Le-Win, send all four relays to state
- Rock Falls, Sterling geared up for second meeting away from
- Duchesses building program one step at a time
- Preview capsules for 3A baseball and softball regionals
- Mixed martial arts: Local residents to compete in international jiu-jitsu tourney