CDC app lets you solve disease outbreaks at home
ATLANTA (AP) — You may not be a disease detective, but now you can play one at home.
The nation's public health agency has released a free app for the iPad called "Solve the Outbreak." It allows users to run through fictional outbreaks and make decisions: Do you quarantine the village? Talk to people who are sick?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the app was designed in-house and wouldn't give an estimate for development costs.
The agency says it is using social media to educate the public about diseases and to promote an appreciation for public health work. The app went live this week.
More Health & Medical News
- Kids get no vacation from nutrition in Polo
- Working up to working out
- Low blood sugar can boost dementia risk
- Are kids getting too much screen time? Parents aren’t sweating it
- Healthier hot dog requires research