Woman accused of biting off boyfriend's tongue
CHICAGO (AP) — Prosecutors in northern Illinois say a domestic quarrel ended with a woman biting off a large portion of her boyfriend's tongue.
Elaine Cook of Skokie is charged with aggravated domestic battery.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports (http://bit.ly/XHs0Uz ) that she was ordered held Sunday in lieu of $100,000 bail.
Authorities say she and her boyfriend got into a fight after a night out. According to prosecutors, the 51-year-old woman asked her boyfriend to leave her apartment and bit off part of his tongue after he kissed her.
Assistant State's Attorney Eve Reilly says the boyfriend put the severed tongue on ice but doctors at Evanston Hospital were unable to reattach it because of an inadequate blood supply.
Most Recent Comment
More State News
- House guns bill passes committee
- Substitute teacher admits making threatening call
- Motorists urged to drive safely on holiday weekend
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Busy holiday weekend expected at Chicago airports