Desert Storm veterans to be honored in Springfield
|Buy Sauk Valley Media Photos »|
CHICAGO (AP) — The Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs will hold a ceremony to honor those who served in the 1991 Gulf War.
The event will take place Feb. 28 at the Illinois State Military Museum in Springfield and starts at 11 a.m.
Veterans Affairs Director Erica Borggren will speak at the event.
The museum tells the story of the Illinois National Guard.
U.S. forces were part of a coalition that ousted Iraqi troops from Kuwait in the 1990-91 Operation Desert Storm and Desert Shield.
More State News
- Quinn sets July 9 deadline for deal
- Memorial planned for 40 cremated remains
- Overdue union wages to be paid
- Ex-Chicago firefighter nets $840,000 in pension payments while in prison
- Quinn sets July 9 deadline for pension reform deal