Vote yes for Oregon library
Vote “yes” for the new Oregon library on April 9. We’re behind the times and long overdue for this project.
Our current facility is outdated, inconvenient for patrons, and not up to standard. Our community deserves to have a top-flight library.
A new library will:
1) Attract residents to the area, improving the economy with increased home sales, tax income, business activity, and students.
2) Provide better information in books, e-books, magazines, movies, audios, and Internet access.
3) Create an attractive social and cultural hub to inform us about community events, services, and recreational and educational opportunities.
4) Educate residents through book clubs, book sales, speakers, authors, and special programs.
5) Provide comfortable meeting spaces for groups planning community events.
6) Help our school teachers and administrators educate our children and youths, providing a place to learn.
7) Expand physical access for those with disabilities and special needs.
My “yes” vote means I’m willing to dig deeper into my pocket for the good of the community. Because of a state grant, the cost is half of what it was the last time it came to a vote.
We get what we pay for and benefit from our sacrifices. I hope we can stand together to build together.
More Letters to the Editor News
- ‘Adamantly’ against power line proposal
- Stop awarding kids for perfect attendance
- Justice must be done for attack victim
- Consider all the issues, then approve petition
- Grateful for community’s generosity