Shifting roads to county could be 'disastrous'
I think replacing our rural township road maintenance services with county road maintenance service could become disastrous for people living on and using rural township roads.
From either the Gazette or WSDR, I remember learning that Whiteside County has been considering converting all of their blacktop roads back to gravel roads because of county financial problems. Rural township residents definitely don’t want that to happen to their blacktop township roads.
I think our rural township is actually considering converting some heavily-travelled gravel roads to blacktop roads.
Our township tries to be very frugal by purchasing used equipment instead of new equipment when possible. This is done mainly involving trucks for plowing snow and hauling gravel.
More Letters to the Editor News
- Picture worth a thousand words
- Children do better with mom and dad
- Ogle sheriff seeks public input on social network experiment
- ‘Adamantly’ against power line proposal
- Stop awarding kids for perfect attendance