Super Bowl drunken driving warning issued
CHICAGO (AP) — State officials are warning drivers that Super Bowl Sunday can be one of the most deadly days of the year in Illinois when it comes to alcohol-related traffic deaths.
Last year, according to the Illinois Department of Transportation, four people were killed in crashes during Super Bowl weekend. Three of those crashes were alcohol-related.
Secretary of State Jesse White is reminding people to enjoy the weekend safely and use designated drivers if attending parties that include alcohol.
White says that means "designating a sober driver, taking a cab or bus, or staying where you are."
More State News
- Ill. House committee OKs fracking regulatory bill
- NIU administrator to retire after FBI probe
- Ill. House committee approves Medicaid expansion
- Quinn praises House committee on 'fracking' vote
- 3 Brookfield Zoo dolphins expecting