CAMBRIDGE – Comments are being taken on 10 candidates vying to fill a 14th Judicial Circuit judgeship left vacant when Judge Charles Stengel retired in December.
The appointee will serve until Dec. 1, 2014, when the position will be filled by the 2014 General Election.
The 14th Judicial Circuit is comprised of Henry, Mercer, Whiteside, and Rock Island counties.
The candidates are:
– David W. Andich of Rock Island.
– Associate Judge Raymond J. Conklin of Moline.
– Marita M. Griffith of Moline.
– Norma Kauzlarich of Taylor Ridge.
– Christine A. Keys of Bettendorf, Iowa.
– Michael J. Kraycinovich, in the Army, stationed in Alabama.
– Kathleen E. Mesich of Coal Valley.
– Benjamin J. Samuelson of Moline.
– Katherine Varlas Teel of Rock Island.
– Linnea E. Thompson of Moline.
Written comments about any of the candidates must be received by March 1. Comments must include the name and address of the submitter, and should be no more than 250 words.
Send them to Judge Appointment Comments, 14th Judicial Circuit, Administrative Office of the Illinois Court, 3101 Old Jacksonville Road, Springfield, IL 62704.