Rock Island Arsenal offers early retirement
ROCK ISLAND (AP) — Officials at the Rock Island Arsenal are offering early retirement packages to 200 workers.
The employees work at the Rock Island Arsenal Joint Manufacturing & Technology Center. That center currently employs about 1,500 people.
Center spokesman Rhys Fullerlove says the workers have until Feb. 5 to accept the offer. It involves a lump sum payment of up to $25,000. He declined to say how many applications have been received so far.
Fullerlove says the retirement offers are designed to put the manufacturing and technology center in a good position during a time of decreased defense spending.
More State News
- Illinois cracks down on social media 'flash mobs'
- 8 Illinois Lottery payout checks bounce
- 11 people shot overnight in Chicago violence
- 3 charged after post rape on Facebook page
- No floor vote yet for gun carry bill