Retaining wall collapses in Dixon
|Buy Sauk Valley Media Photos »|
A portion of a 3-foot-tall retaining wall at the Old Lee County Courthouse in Dixon, believed to be about 75 years old, collapsed in the rain Wednesday. Now city, county and state officials are trying to determine who is responsible for its cleanup and repair. In the meantime, barriers will close the sidewalk to pedestrians, said Chris Henkel, county zoning officer, adding that some of the stones weigh in at 300 to 400 pounds.
More Local News
- Academy kicks off fundraising drive
- Prevailing wage called 'crock'
- Dateline Dixon: Sit down for this walk down memory lane
- Another prosecutor needed
- Lee state’s attorney: Critically injured woman may not survive