Donations taken for mom, daughter burned out of home
STERLING – A benefit account has been set up for Kim Espinoza and her daughter, Natalie, who lost most of their possessions in a fire that broke out Tuesday afternoon in their home at 908 Oak Ave.
A malfunctioning dryer vent caused the fire, Capt. Mike Dettman said.
Espinoza, 40, and her daughter, a freshman at Sterling High School, are staying with relatives until their house is repaired.
The account has been established at Sterling Federal Bank, where Espinoza works. Donations can be taken or mailed to 110 E. Fourth St., P.O. Box 617, Sterling IL 61081.