Fair
81°FFairFull Forecast

Donations taken for mom, daughter burned out of home

Published: Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013 1:15 a.m. CDT

STERLING – A benefit account has been set up for Kim Espinoza and her daughter, Natalie, who lost most of their possessions in a fire that broke out Tuesday afternoon in their home at 908 Oak Ave.

A malfunctioning dryer vent caused the fire, Capt. Mike Dettman said.

Espinoza, 40, and her daughter, a freshman at Sterling High School, are staying with relatives until their house is repaired.

The account has been established at Sterling Federal Bank, where Espinoza works. Donations can be taken or mailed to 110 E. Fourth St., P.O. Box 617, Sterling IL 61081.

National video



Reader Poll

An 82-year-old Sterling man recently parachuted from a plane for the first time. Would you ever skydive?
Yes, I've never done it but would try it
Yes, I've already skydived and enjoy it
No, I've never done it and don't want to
No, I've done it and don't want to again