Buy used clothing, help with college costs
– Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois’ fourth annual Goodwill Diva Runway Fashion Show will be April 5.
Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres will be served from 7 to 8 p.m., followed by a fashion show from 8 to 9 p.m. at Clock Tower Resort and Conference Center, 7801 E. State St.
Tickets are $30 for adults and $15 for those 18 and younger.
Special occasion bridal, bridesmaid, prom, cocktail, classic little-black, mother of the bride, evening, and children’s dresses will be shown by local celebrity models.
The dresses, along with shoes, handbags, and jewelry will be for sale April 6 and 7 at all Goodwill Northern Illinois retail stores, including the Sterling store at 2216 E. Lincolnway.
Proceeds from each special occasion dress bought during the sale will go toward community college scholarships.
The Jon Lundin Scholarship will be awarded to students interested in the manufacturing industry; and the DoAnn Geiger Scholarship to people with a disability who wish to continue their education.
Participating colleges are Sauk Valley Community College, Rock Valley College, McHenry County Community College, Highland Community College, Kishwaukee College, Blackhawk Technical College, and Illinois Valley Community College.
Visit www.goodwillni.org/DIVA or call 815-987-6237 to become an event sponsor, buy tickets, or for more information.
More Nation/World News
- Meeting to focus on Fed support
- Unpaid internships a thing of the past?
- USDA reduces corn crop to reflect cool, wet spring
- S&P boosts outlook for U.S. government’s long-term debt
- Apple revamps look of iPhone, iPad software