Aspen reviews 14 mph speed limit to alert drivers
ASPEN, Colo. (AP) — Aspen city council members are considering a 14 mph speed limit in a residential area of the Colorado mountain town in attempt to get the attention of drivers and have them slow down.
Residents say few drivers are obeying the current 25 mph speed limit and are ignoring other efforts to protect people.
The Aspen Times (http://tinyurl.com/9wlktaz ) reports Mayor Mick Ireland suggested an 18 mph limit because the number is out of the ordinary for a speed limit. After further discussion, council members decided to drop the proposed limit down to 14 mph.
More Nation & World News
- Man shot by FBI had ties to Boston bombing suspect
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Q&A: What is known about London attack
- Youngest Okla. tornado victims remembered by kin