Fog/Mist
32°FFog/MistFull Forecast
Shaw Media Auctions

House fire in Polo

Published: Saturday, Jan. 26, 2013 1:15 a.m. CST

Flames and smoke pour out of a house at 103 S. Jackson Ave. in Polo late Friday afternoon. A number of local fire departments responded to the scene, including Dixon Rural, Rock Falls and Mount Morris. The roof of the house eventually collapsed. No further details were available Friday evening.

National video



Reader Poll

Rock Falls is considering a ban on leaf burning. Should the city finally take that step?
Yes. Sterling and Dixon have had bans for years. It’s time for Rock Falls to impose a ban.
No. It would be too great a burden for homeowners to dispose of fallen leaves in other ways.
Not sure
No opinion