Marijuana dealer gets 8 years in prison
ROCK FALLS – A Rock Falls man whom police said was a significant local marijuana dealer was sentenced to 8 years in prison.
Dominique A. Contreras, 32, pleaded guilty Wednesday to selling marijuana and cocaine. He was give credit for 484 days served in Whiteside County Jail, and ordered to pay more than $6,000 in court fines and fees.
The Illinois State Police Blackhawk Area Task Force investigated Contreras for 2 years before his arrest in September 2011. A search of his home turned up 1.82 pounds of marijuana, 67 grams of psilocybin mushrooms, 1.2 grams of cocaine, and some drug paraphernalia.
He had two previous felony drug convictions, for possession in 2006 and for dealing in 2002.
More Local News
- Academy kicks off fundraising drive
- Prevailing wage called 'crock'
- Dateline Dixon: Sit down for this walk down memory lane
- Another prosecutor needed
- Lee state’s attorney: Critically injured woman may not survive