McHenry officer admits stealing seized drug money
WOODSTOCK (AP) — A former suburban Chicago police officer has pleaded guilty to stealing seized drug money.
The Northwest Herald reports that former McHenry officer Dale Hojnacki pleaded guilty Tuesday to theft under $10,000 and official misconduct. The 36-year-old was charged in April after an audit by the department determined the money was missing.
Hojnacki has resigned from the McHenry Police Department. He was with the department for 11 years and was a patrolman when he resigned.
Hojnacki faces up to five years in prison, but also is eligible for probation. A McHenry County judge will sentence him March 8.
More State News
- Illinois cracks down on social media 'flash mobs'
- 8 Illinois Lottery payout checks bounce
- 11 people shot overnight in Chicago violence
- 3 charged after post rape on Facebook page
- No floor vote yet for gun carry bill