Galesburg police arrest suspect in stabbing death
GALESBURG (AP) — Police in Galesburg have arrested a 25-year-old man in connection with a stabbing death Sunday morning.
WGIL-AM is reporting that police arrested Kai Lefler of Oneida. He was charged with first-degree murder and aggravated battery. Lefler is being held in the Knox County Jail. It's unclear whether he has an attorney.
Authorities say officers responded Sunday to a report of a disturbance and found 23-year-old Robert Kilgore suffering from multiple stab wounds.
Kilgore was taken to Galesburg Cottage Hospital and later transferred to OSF St. Francis Medical Center in Peoria. He was pronounced dead later that day.
Police are continuing their investigation of the stabbing.
More State News
- Illinois cracks down on social media 'flash mobs'
- 8 Illinois Lottery payout checks bounce
- 11 people shot overnight in Chicago violence
- 3 charged after post rape on Facebook page
- No floor vote yet for gun carry bill