Overcast
46°FOvercastFull Forecast

Fire destroys mobile home; no injuries

ROCK FALLS – A 69-year-old Rock Falls man escaped without injury after a grease fire Sunday totaled his mobile home.

Rock Falls Fire Capt. Bill Milby said his department received the call at about 11:20 a.m. at 900 Regan Road, Lot 502.

Paul Walls was cooking chicken when the grease ignited, Milby said.

It took firefighters about 2 hours to extinguish the blaze, Milby said.

The American Red Cross of the Lincoln Land Branch in Rock Falls said in a news release that it is ensuring Walls’ emergency needs are being met, including food, clothing and shelter. The branch, 112 W. Second St., can be reached at 815-625-0382.

Comments

Comments

National video



Reader Poll

An Illinois lawmaker wants to greatly restrict the use of solitary confinement in state prisons to no more than 5 days in a 150-day period. What do you think?
I agree
I disagree
Not sure
No opinion