Peoria airport sets passenger record in 2012
PEORIA (AP) — The airport in Peoria had a record year in 2012.
The Journal Star in Peoria reports (http://bit.ly/XdqA3o) that the General Wayne A. Downing Peoria International Airport had 13 percent more passengers in 2012 compared with 2011. The airport had a record 580,530 passengers arrive or depart during 2012. The number beats the airport's previous passenger record set in 2008.
Airport director Gene Olson attributes the bump to new routes. That includes flights to Atlanta and Fort Myers, Fla. Olson says the airport also has been able to keep down costs with the more efficient operation of its terminal building.
More State News
- Quinn signs into law tough fracking regulations
- Bill Daley proposes plan to end pension deadlock
- Madigan seeks 2nd delay on Illinois gun plan
- Equality Illinois gears up for 2014 election fight
- Counselors at SIUC after student dies in wreck