Recalling good old days at the movie theater
Now that New Year’s is over, I remember back in the old days our Boy Scout Troop 95 in Coleta used to go to the Sterling Theater every New Year’s Eve to see a movie. The ones we used to watch back in the early 1950s were the Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis movies.
Then Martin and Lewis split up, and no more of those kinds of movies were there. The last movie I saw there then was the movie after our Sterling High School prom that started about 1 a.m. right after the prom. Then after the movie, we went down the street for a party and entertainment. What an evening.
Note to readers – Lowell Tillman graduated from Sterling High School in 1956.
More Letters to the Editor News
- Picture worth a thousand words
- Children do better with mom and dad
- Ogle sheriff seeks public input on social network experiment
- ‘Adamantly’ against power line proposal
- Stop awarding kids for perfect attendance