Alzheimer’s course sign-up under way
DIXON – An informational program about Alzheimer’s disease will be from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Alzheimer’s Association Rock River Branch office, 93 S. Hennepin Ave.
“The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia, and Alzheimer’s” will cover symptoms, causes, and risk factors for Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia; how Alzheimer’s affects the brain; the benefits of early detection; stages of the disease; and treatment options.
The cost is $5 for materials. Registration is due by Tuesday; call the branch office at 800-272-3900 to sign up.
More Community News
- Support Groups, Clubs, and Services
- Dixon firefighters, police will compete for blood
- Local libraries given thousands
- New computer helps performers
- Native American show June 10