Clarifies meat market location
Thanks for the year-end supplement in Monday’s paper; I always enjoy the theme. However, Shinner’s Meat Market did not occupy Trein’s location.
Trein’s was at the corner of First and Hennepin, Overstreet’s Jewelry Store was next door to the west, and Shinner’s was next to Overstreet’s to the west.
I know that this is a “who cares” situation, but I remember my mom sending me to Shinner’s Market, and I worked for a short time at Overstreet’s.
Keep up the good work.
More Letters to the Editor News
- Grateful for community’s generosity
- People are driving force behind event
- Transparency reduces fraud, saves money
- Don’t disregard value of region’s prime farmland
- Kudos to those who put trees in city’s downtown