Quinn: Donate miles to vets
CHICAGO (AP) – Gov. Pat Quinn is urging Illinois residents to support military veterans this Christmas by donating their unused frequent flier miles to Operation Hero Miles.
The Fisher House at the Edward Hines Jr. Veterans’ Affairs Hospital in Chicago’s western suburbs provides temporary housing for families of veterans who are receiving medical care at the VA hospital.
The Fisher House Foundation provides free airline tickets to wounded, injured, and ill military men and women who are undergoing treatment at a military or VA medical center and to attend authorized events.
Go to www.fisherhouse.org/programs/hero-miles to learn more about the program.
More State News
- State officials halt transfers of disabled
- Sponsor: Gambling bill coming soon
- Ogle, Bureau in federal aid request
- Grandmother loses case to Trump
- Senate agrees to create exchange